7/10/2008

4 COUNT UM' 4 BLOWN TIRES IN LESS THEN 24 HOURS!!!



These are the only pictures we took of the fiasco. It was the second tire on Tuesday to blow and we were 20 minutes out of Pocatello thankfully. Dad Layton was on his way to rescue us and take me to buy new tires. It took me over 6 hours to get to Dad's and over 5 hours to make it home because the last two old tires blew on the way home. Luckily someone came to my rescue the first time and pulled over because I couldn't get the lug nuts off. The last tire blew outside of SLC so Drew drove up with the kids in the Pathfinder and we ran over to get ANOTHER tire!!! We have now bought 3 new tires and are going to have to buy 2 more. We found out that the tires that were on it were 7 years old. I have never heard of anything happening like this! I was okay with the first blow out. Even the second made me mad but I dealt with it. On the way home yesterday with Abby and Marshall I just prayed nothing would happen because I didn't have Cody (the muscles) to help. Thank goodness for good Samaritans and awesome Dads, and Husbands. I still "Have a Pocket full of Sunshine" though!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am glad that you didn't get hurt! Blowouts are a big fear of mine!

Lindsey said...

HOLY!! I'M GLAD YOUR OK.. THAT IS SCAREY..

Blog Archiving (2005-Present)